When you want something all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it according to Paulo Coelho. The power of the human spirit is amazing. We can conceive an idea, and we can bring it to pass. Everything that we consume is ultimately the product of an idea. Successful people are always thinking, they then develop their new ideas. I was introduced to the sibling of my favorite client and I was provided with a better insight into my favorite client. My favorite client is always reading and learning, he devours books and he discusses what he learned with his family. He revisits discussions 15 minutes after first introducing the topic. He emphasizes the differentiating qualities of successful people and the average man. He works like a beast of burden and is deeply passionate about his services. He is a giant in his industry but we acts like it is his first day on the job. He is fascinated by everything and he is always offering opportunities for young entrepreneurs. Before our first introduction, I was following his career and many times I expressed my interest in serving his companies in any way possible. I wanted to touch the hem of his garment as it were. If only some of his ambition could touch the contours on the palm of my hands, then I could rest at night. Then one day, he personally responded to one of my advertisements and I have been serving his companies since. I was determined to ensure that he was my client and I did not give up after being ignored. I ensure that I have blank sheets of paper at all our meetings, because he enjoys drawing illustrations to explain his ideas to me. At one particular meeting, he explained to me how he accomplished his goals. He said “Sydney, this is how you can accomplish anything in your lifetime”…
- Write the goal down. He said that all intelligent people write things down with pen and paper. There is magic in seeing your goals written in your own handwriting with a plan for your future.
- Stick up the note with your goal in your room, possibly on a mirror or on a calendar and everyday and every night, look at it.
- Tell a friend or family about your goal , although some may discourage you, it renders you accountable. In the near future , you may be asked for any updates on your journey to accomplish your goal.
- Devote time to read daily about your goal, it can range from 15 minutes to 30 minutes per day, it can be a book or an online article.
- Day dream about achieving your goal, imagine all your friends congratulating you on the new house or purchasing the heavy equipment.
- Think about your goal all the time, there is a reserve of power in your subconscious mind. You have to think about what you want your reality to be. Instead of consuming negative news about crime and the foolishness on social media, focus on your life.
- Find out the technical “know hows” in achieving your goal. This may require that you take an evening course or that you attend seminars.
- Get professional advice, this may be in the form of advice from an experienced accountant or from the owner of a heavy equipment rental company.
- Watch motivational videos everyday to be able to move on after disappointment. In pursuing your dreams , you will face opposition but you have to sail through the rough waters.
- Break up the goal into smaller steps that you can do every week , month or year. This way, you will not feel worn out. It is easy to get worn out when both heaven and hell are against you.
- Walk away from toxic people, they will drain your energy and distract you from your purpose. Leave social media periodically, those who call you are the real ones. The others are just ‘likers’ or ‘commentators’.
- Set reasonable deadlines to accomplish the steps that lead the way to your goal. Stick to these deadlines.
- Refuse to give explanations for your decisions. You do not owe anyone explanations, it is your life.
- Ensure that you like the person who you are becoming on your journey.
- Never give up
- Use what you have until you can do better.
- Do not compare your progress to others, you are not playing on the same battlefield.
- Be willing to help others along the way.
- Work hard, work must feel like a sport to you.
- Achieve that goal.
I trust that his advice is of use to at least one fellow human.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
A.Sydney is an attorney at law based in Trinidad and Tobago. She specializes in AML/CFT/Tax Compliance, and provides Corporate Secretarial Services. Feel free to explore the website for her portfolio of companies: http://asydneygroup.com .
Add her social media accounts: