The lives of our women matter. I observed one black kitten out of five kittens in my neighbour’s yard. She was a always watching the other kittens play and I wondered if she knew her melanin was popping. I woke up on Saturday morning,vaguely remembering hearing the barking of dogs and a faint cry. I was later told that two stray dogs attacked the black kitten on Friday night. My mother told me that she chased the dogs and saw the kitten resting motionless in the ravine. She lamented that the kitten was dead, I told her that it was unsafe to even be a black female kitten. I left home and returned two hours later to learn that the kitten moved. The dogs dragged the kitten from my neighbour’s yard to the ravine the night before . Thankfully at this time of year, there is not much water in the ravine. I left my house and went on the banks of the ravine to see whether the black kitten was alive.She opened her weary eyes and stared at me and offered a faint purr. I fetched almond milk and offered it to her to see if she could move to drink it.She moved slowly, respectfully refused my milk and turned in the opposite direction , I observed that her left leg was broken,bleeding and infested with flies.I went to get a box in order to remove her from the ravine. Through my window I saw this black, female kitten pick herself up and drag her broken foot ,make one step,then rested. She traversed among the rocks and grass in the ravine. I was able to measure the distance from the bowl of milk that I placed and where she was now positioned. I grabbed a box and returned to the scene,I jumped into ravine,dirty water penetrated my sneakers but I was within reach of the kitten. At the same time ,one of the kids next door saw where I was and my mother explained that I was trying to rescue the kitten.He got a pair of gloves and jumped in the ravine with me.He remarked that life was leaving the kitten’s eyes.The black, female kitten was trying to hide behind a leaf ,she was scared of us. The kid gently picked up the black,female kitten and he placed her by the hole in my neighbour’s fence. The kitten could not pass by the hole ,because of her inability to move her broken leg. She started crying, the kitten’s mother and siblings were watching the kid and I at this point. The black female kitten ,while crying ,kept trying to fit through the fence. She used another space in the fence and dragged herself to her family. The kid and I contacted the neighbour to look after the kitten’s broken leg.
The five lessons I learned from saving 8 lives;
1. When we are hurt/abused by others we are suspicious of everyone albeit no harm is intended.
2. Sometimes we must pretend that we are lifeless in dead situations and wait for morning to come. It appeared the black kitten pretended that she was dead, in order for the dogs to stop attacking her. In the morning, there will be hope as every new day has new possibilities.
3. It is permissible to accept a helping hand. Life is difficult when we try to move mountains on our own. The kitten eventually gave in to our offer to help her and she was reunited with her family.
4. We must turn our pain into power. The kitten was crying but she kept trying to fit through the fence to be with her family. In life ,oftentimes we cry and cry 1000 tears. There comes a time when you must stop crying. The elders say that joy comes in the morning. I have always believed that joy comes after sorrow.
5. Never give up. As black women in a man’s world we must not tolerate abuse in any form. We are queens and our very presence is charity enough for our male counterparts.We ought to put up a unified front to condemn violence against women and girls.
Your life matters young queens. You are the authors of creation, and you deserve to be respected and loved.
Hi Hustlers!!!!! I am Antoinette Sydney LLB LEC CAMLFC CFRMP Attorney at Law Bar No: SYA2015211!
I help you open your Business Bank Account and I sell ebooks showing you how to register your own business in Trinidad and Tobago. I give FREE business TIPS and FREE Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Training on my YouTube ChannelSubscribe and turn on post Notifications to be the first to see all my videos!
Email me your questions : firstname.lastname@example.org
My ebooks are available on Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B08792YRBP
To work with me, please email me : email@example.com
Amazon ebooks: https://www.amazon.com/author/antoinettesydney
The content herein is provided for informational purposes only and NOT for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney at law to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.
I am a Certified Professional in the following areas:
Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crimes;
Fraud Risk Management;
#antoinette #sydney #trinidad #business #ideas #registration #llc #incorporation #entrepreneurs #trinidadonlinelawyer #aml #amlexpert #consultant #antimoneylaundering