You have to declare that you will never be poor another day in your life. Believe that you are destined for greatness and your subconscious mind will accept this and oblige. Unless you decide to break free, poverty will pass from generation to generation. It has been likened to a disease that consumes the victim. Poverty has a smell, it is depressing. I reiterate from a previous post, that another failure of the education system is the lack of courses on financial literacy. We, the youth, do not understand mortgages, taxes, or the laws of money. We are not taught how to rise out of poverty and to accomplish what others dream about.
There are different definitions of poverty according to the Sociologists. For the purpose of this post, poverty refers to the inability to be financially free. By this, I mean you are barely making ends meet, you do not have any savings or investments, and you do not have any assets. You have dreams and aspirations but you cannot finance them and you are mad at the world. Conquering poverty requires hard work and dedication. The results are not apparent in the immediate future. Others may see you struggling to come out of poverty and dissuade you from even trying. I beg you, ignore them, misery and by extension poverty likes company.
If you subscribe to fairy tales, and books about imaginary, magical, mystical characters, then you will see wisdom from Solomon when he wrote the book of Ecclesiastes in the latter part of his life. In the Book of Ecclesiastes Chapter 11 verses 1- 2, Solomon advised: “Cast your bread upon the waters, for you will find it after many days. Divide your portion to seven, or to even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth”. Here, we see our superhero, the wise King Solomon giving us financial advice that is applicable in the economic situation that is plaguing Trinidad and Tobago.In verse 1, he seemed to be suggesting that we should toil in our youth, so that we can reap the rewards when we get older. Solomon admonished on verse 2 that we have at least seven (7) or eight (8) side hustles because we did not know what the future holds. It is not difficult to fathom why surviving on the income from one job is proving to be a Herculean task.
How to develop multiple streams of income
- Use your time wisely and discover our personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Monetize your hobbies and passions, if you are good at baking cakes, charge a small fee to make your cakes. Your true friends and supporters will patronize. Long gone are the days where we can incur costs and let others indulge freely. I dislike favours, I much prefer transactions.
- Get a job, full time or part time. A dollar is still a dollar. It matters not that others tease you because of where you work. I worked at a gas station full time for three (3) years while attending university. I mainly worked the night shifts (10 pm to 6 am) and all the weekend shifts and holidays. Those who laughed at me are now working at that gas station. You will learn valuable lessons about money, business, management and people when you are working for someone else. There are many university graduates who are unemployed with high expectations for a dream job. Life may disappoint you, my friend. You may have to accept a job and a salary that you believe to be incommensurate with your qualifications.
- Tutor– You can tutor students on a part time basis to earn extra income. There is a lot of competition, so you must be creative. I have been tutoring since 2009 and it is my favourite job.
- You can offer an editing/ proofreading service to students– this may be a good option if you also tutor CXC English.
- You can offer to cut the lawns in your neighborhood for a reasonable fee.
- You can wash cars– Be creative and offer an exclusive service to executives or taxi drivers or maxi taxis.
- Learn a trade– You can start your own business after you learn a trade such plumbing, electrical installation or tiling.
There are endless opportunities to make money in Trinidad and Tobago. Our brothers and sisters come from the surrounding islands, start companies in Trinidad and are buying properties. We live here, and foolishly criticize our brothers and sisters who work hard to provide a better life for their families. Please allow me to reference the employees who were sent home this year by both private and public organizations. Those who thought they had permanent jobs and are now unemployed, there is still hope. The trick is to have multiple sources of income. In the event that you lose your job, you already have another source of income, and now you have the time to develop more.
The successful people that I know are always diversifying their streams of income. They work as though it’s their first day on the job. They work for at least twelve hours (12) per day. They hardly decline an opportunity to make an extra dollar. They are likely to have more than one company, and they offer various services. Whereas the unsuccessful people that I know rely solely on their job for as a source income. They complain that they need to make more money, but they are taking no action to increase their value. They do not want to exit the comfort zone, they go home and watch television or use social media after working an eight hour shift. It has been said that what you do between 4 pm and 8 pm may determine your future. Those who work on their side hustles after 4 pm or study for their exams in this time period will most likely succeed. Thank you for permitting me to belabour the point that by having multiple streams of income and by working diligently, you will never be poor another day in your life.
Hi Hustlers!!!!! I am Antoinette Sydney LLB LEC CAMLFC CFRMP Attorney at Law Bar No: SYA2015211!
I help you open your Business Bank Account and I sell ebooks showing you how to register your own business in Trinidad and Tobago. I give FREE business TIPS and FREE Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Training on my YouTube ChannelSubscribe and turn on post Notifications to be the first to see all my videos!
Email me your questions : firstname.lastname@example.org
My ebooks are available on Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B08792YRBP
To work with me, please email me : email@example.com
Amazon ebooks: https://www.amazon.com/author/antoinettesydney
The content herein is provided for informational purposes only and NOT for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney at law to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.
I am a Certified Professional in the following areas:
Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crimes;
Fraud Risk Management;
#antoinette #sydney #trinidad #business #ideas #registration #llc #incorporation #entrepreneurs #trinidadonlinelawyer #aml #amlexpert #consultant #antimoneylaundering